- GLSPS.org is once again our direct website address!
- All content from our legacy site has been transferred to ClubExpress.
- Note that ClubExpress sends you to glsps.clubexpress.com when you log into the website; this is expected behavior.
New Menu and Content
- Projects Archive
- Includes project info as far back as 1994, two years before the GLSPS was officially started!
- Highlights our ongoing efforts and provides summary for multi-year projects.
- Wrecks / Dive Sites
- Historical info, preservation efforts, current location, mooring buoy status (as available), and more!
We'd like to hear from you!
- Send any website comments, ideas, suggestions for improvements, corrections, etc to Nick Lintgen.
R/V Preservation Life Raft
We need to find a new inflatable life raft for our boat, the R/V Preservation. After many years of service from our existing inflatable, it no longer holds air and we are looking for a replacement.
Monetary donations towards purchasing a new inflatable are greatly appreciated and can be made via the Donations
link in the left menu.
Please also Contact Us
if you are aware of any life rafts or inflatable boats which might be sold or donated to the GLSPS.
Remember, donations are tax-deductible as we are a 501(c3) non-profit organization!
GLSPS has Joined Amazon Smile
Select the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society as your supported organization at smile.amazon.com
A portion of every eligible Amazon Smile purchase will automatically be donated to the GLSPS!
Thank you to everyone that has given the GLSPS their time volunteering and the support of their generous donations!
Join us on a Project!
2016 Programs and Projects are being finalized and posted!
Please take a moment to review last year's 2015 project reports by clicking on the "Project Archives" in the left menu and then the "2015 Project Reports".
We hope you have had a great time participating in these programs and projects and learned a few things about shipwreck preservation and documentation.
Projects are available to all active members. The GLSPS would like to invite members that have not joined us on a project in the past to join us in 2016!
You will need to login as a member to gain access to the main part of this website and to register for GLSPS Programs and Projects.
If you find that your membership is due, you will first need to login as a member then click on the word "Renew Membership"
in the upper right hand corner of the website. Please have your credit card ready for payment.
If you prefer to renew your membership by check and regular mail, please click on the link below.
Mail In Membership / Renewal Form
Thank You for Attending our 16th Annual UMSAT Show
Saturday, March 12, 2016
Visit the UMSAT Show website
for more info and view pictures from the show in the Photo Album
Keep your show program book as it has very valuable information in it that you can use throughout the year including dive shops, charter services, repair services, and dive equipment. Please patronize the local businesses that advertise in the program book and listed as sponsors on the site. They may even have a discount if you tell them you found their ad in the UMSAT Show program book!
THANK YOU to this year's sponsors!
Please give them the recognition by patronizing their businesses and visiting or calling them at their stores.
Become a Member
GLSPS membership is open to anyone interested in doing something to help preserve these amazing historic and recreational sites.
It's easy to become a member - annual dues are only $25. Your membership will entitle you to receive two newsletters per year, a GLSPS membership sticker, and an opportunity to participate in GLSPS sponsored projects. We are a non-profit 501.c3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Become a Member - Online Become a Member - Mail Form
GLSPS Member Benefits
- Two newsletters per year
- Access to the members view of the GLSPS website
- Opportunity to participate in the many exciting and rewarding projects aboard our research vessel the R/V Preservation
- Annual BBQ and Cruise on the R/V Preservation during the launch weekend
- A variety of training classes and programs the GLSPS offers for members
- Discounts on equipment rentals and free air for members participating in projects
- Discounts on dive equipment purchased from your local dive shops that participate in the annual Upper Midwest Scuba and Adventure Travel Show
- Annual General Membership Meeting held in the fourth quarter of the year, typically in November
- A chance to help the Society as an active member and, to learn new things to help you be more of a dynamic person at your careers and your everyday life
The most you will get out of being a member is the amazing satisfaction of knowing your annual dues and donations are going to a worthy cause to help protect and preserve maritime history for years to come.
You will receive many email communications and announcements
from the GLSPS website, www.glsps.org. SOme of the emails you will be receiving are, Newsletters, Meeting notices, Upcoming Programs and Projects, and any other GLSPS activities or society news.
The Board of Directors Meeting is the first Tuesday of each month and are open to any member. The meetings provide an opportunity to meet other Society members, to get involved, and to provide input into the direction of the Society.
So please join us in the fun helping preserve maritime history by clicking on the membership level you prefer.
Tax Deductible Membership Levels:
- Crew - $25
- Family - $35 - Up to four Family Members.
- Watchman - $50
- Boatswain - $100
- Helmsman - $200
- Mate - $500
- Plank Owner - $1000 & Up
* Memberships Watchman and above are listed in our newsletters.
Thank you for considering becoming a GLSPS Member and we look forward to seeing you on our projects!
Website Updated June 12, 2016